Night of Culture is a festival that continues to surprise the public with its scale and the creativity of the artists. It also stuns the organiser, Workshops of Culture in Lublin. We feel that we do something big, something essential for the city and its inhabitants. But what exactly is Night of culture? What defines it? Who are the participants? Can such a transient event make any changes? Such questions popped into our minds reasonably frequently. That’s why we decided to research it.
In 2017, we surveyed the participants of Lublin’s four largest outdoor festivals organised by Workshops of Culture. Night of Culture is, of course, one of them. The results of the research were fascinating. For instance, we now know that:
- more women than men take part in the festival.
- Most participants are from Lublin.
- The majority of our audience is between 20-36 years old.
- Most Night of Culture visitors have higher education
- you like to come to our festival with friends
- a great majority will attend the next Night of Culture
- over 80% of you recommends Night of Culture to friends and family
Our research has produced the following documents.
For the time being, they are only available in Polish, but English translations are coming soon.